Michael Hinman (Airlock Alpha) has tweeted the writing and directing credits for the next two episodes. "Unvanquished" was written by Ryan Mottesheard and directed by Eric Stoltz, and "Retribution" was written by Patrick Massett and John Zinman (who had previously written the episode that introduced Vergis, "Know Thy Enemy") and directed by Jonas Pate.
Doug Drexler (CGI supervisor) has posted the Caprica 2010 Emmy Presentation Book over at Drex Files.
Some cast updates:
- Sasha Roiz tweeted that he is currently filming an episode of House. No details yet, but in the meantime, you can catch him on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation next Thursday.
- Alessandra Torresani has wrapped filming Playback.
- Leah Gibson is doing a new indie film, Camera Shy, and she also mentioned working with Tom Welling (possibly on Smallville?)
- Hiro Kanagawa, who guest stars on Fringe next week, is currently doing a production of Tear the Curtain! in Vancouver. If you're in the area, you can find the details and see the trailer here.
- Peter Wingfield tweeted that he will appear in an upcoming episode of Sanctuary.
- TV Guide visited the set of Glee, where they caught up with Eric Stoltz among others. The report is here.
- SpoilerTV has posted the synopsis for Smallville 10x04, "Homecoming," with James Marsters guest starring
SFX magazine has opened voting for the SFX Sci-Fi Awards 2010. Caprica isn't nominated in all the categories, but it's easy enough to write it in. A couple of acting categories could definitely use our attention. You can vote here.
Caprica City has some more stills from the mid-season premiere here.
Two really interesting interviews showed up in recent days. They aren't really related to Caprica, but you might wanna check them out anyway.
Bear McCreary talked to TV Overmind about his work on Human Target. The soundtrack is out in October. You can read the interview here.
Fandomania included an audio interview with Edward James Olmos in their Sept. 20 podcast. Among other things, he talks about how he got involved in Battlestar Galactica, the parallels between BSG and Blade Runner, his experience directing The Plan, working on The Green Hornet movie, and reading Ray Kurzweil. EJO will be back on TV in an episode of CSI: NY in October.
Last but not least, Stargate Universe, Caprica's lead-in, is back for a second season on Tuesday, September 28 at 9 PM. Without a major advertising push for Caprica, the ratings will largely depend on how SGU does, so we'll probably get a better idea of where both shows stand with Nielsen viewers this week. Stargate will be up against NCIS: Los Angeles, Dancing with the Stars, Raising Hope and (later also) In Treatment, while Caprica will air against Sons of Anarchy, The Good Wife, Detroit 1-8-7 and Parenthood. To see how those shows, as well as the hiatus-bound Warehouse 13, did this week, go to TVbytheNumbers: broadcast ratings, cable ratings.
And here is the Re-Cap(rica) clip (in case you missed it everywhere else):
Syfy Video still has the recaps episode by episode. You can find them here.
For full episodes (from 1x05, "There Is Another Sky," to 1x09, "End of the Line"), you can go to Syfy Rewind or Hulu.